Invisalign® Aligners in Grimsby
There’s a misconception that only kids and teens need orthodontic treatment. The truth is that almost 80 percent of adults have some form of an alignment issue with their teeth. Many people have never had the opportunity to have their teeth straightened with an experienced orthodontist. There are also situations where adults may want to consider retreatment for their teeth even if they have had braces before, as teeth do tend to shift and can become misaligned over the years, especially if a retainer is not worn ideally.
No matter your age, you can have effective orthodontic treatment with Invisalign® aligners in Grimsby. Invisalign® treatment is esthetic solution that can improve your smile and your confidence. Invisalign® is a brand of clear aligners that are visually less noticeable when placed in the mouth, and so are a good choice for people who want a more subtle approach to getting a beautiful smile.
Discover the advantages of clear Invisalign® aligners in Grimsby and find out if they’re right for you.
Why Should You Consider Invisalign® Aligners in Grimsby?
Like traditional braces, Invisalign® aligners in Grimsby are designed to gradually straighten teeth and move them into their ideal position.
You can consider Invisalign® aligners in Grimsby when:
- You want the most esthetic solution to correct crowding, an underbite, or overbite.
- You prefer a removable option, as opposed to a fixed option like braces.
- You have had treatment previously with braces but need some further correction and prefer not to wear braces again
- Your teeth are overcrowded and are difficult to brush and floss.
- You have jaw or occlusion problems, and your dentist has recommended orthodontic treatment.
- You want an effective treatment for your child or teen with crooked teeth.
In many cases, Invisalign® treatment can be used in place of traditional braces. The right treatment plan is important for a healthy and beautiful smile. You can book your consultation at Emerald Orthodontics to learn if Invisalign® is right for you.
How Does Invisalign ® Treatment Work?
Invisalign® is a custom dental appliance made from a clear plastic material that is worn throughout the treatment period. The concept is like traditional braces. During Invisalign® treatment, you will wear the aligner to gently apply pressure to teeth and gradually move them into position.
Aligners for Invisalign® treatment are custom designed, so the fit is as comfortable as possible. Because aligners are clear and low-profile, you can wear them almost all day, except when brushing, eating, and drinking anything but water.
You can go about all of your typical daily activities while undergoing Invisalign® treatment.
How Does Invisalign ® Orthodontics Treatment Differ from Traditional Braces
Although Invisalign® orthodontic treatment has some of the same goals as traditional braces, there are significant differences:
- Appearance – Metal brackets and wires used for braces, although smaller today than in the past, are still more noticeable than Invisalign®orthodontic
- Diet –Your diet will be restricted to certain types of food when wearing braces. With Invisalign® orthodontic treatment, you can enjoy the food you love because the appliance is removed during meals.
- Cleaning and Maintenance –You can remove your invisible aligners to brush and floss, unlike with braces, where special tools and techniques are required.
- Cost –The cost of Invisalign® orthodontist treatment is comparable to that of traditional braces depending on your specific treatment needs. The cost of either type of appliance depends on how long the treatment will take and its complexity.
- Suitability – Sometimes braces are the recommended option in complex cases, but there are certain cases where Invisalign® may be the more suitable appliance, such as in open bite cases, where the front teeth do not meet properly.
Some dentists have taken additional courses to be able to provide Invisalign® clear aligners. However, an orthodontist has obtained the most extensive training to be able to evaluate and plan your treatment and determine if invisible aligners best suit your needs. Dr. Jessica Nardone and her highly experienced team can provide the diagnosis and care that you need to straighten your smile so that it is functional, comfortable, and beautiful.
You can book your appointment today for an Invisalign® consultation.
New Patients Always Welcome
Looking for an orthodontist in Grimsby?
We’re happily accepting new patients at our clinic!
Contact us to get started today.Book Appointment